I always have such high expectations for summer- but I usually end up feeling like I am wasting it away by sleeping in until 2pm and end up watching a whole lot of Netflix. But today I am turning over a new leaf! I want to make the most of summer and not have any regrets once August comes and I have to head back to school. So I have put together a list of some fun things to do this summer if boredom strikes, other than watching Netflix in pajamas all day long!
1. Make DIY 4th of July shirts– I always have LOVED 4th of July and always go all out with my outfit, so I thought it would be fun to make my own shirt this year! Get some paint, friends and some white tshirts and you are set for a fun day!
2. Have a picnic! Grab a basket and fill it with your favorite foods. Bring a blanket and some friends and spend the day at the park, the beach or even your backyard.
3. Practice your beauty skills! Grab your makeup kit and bobby pins. Watch some beauty tutorials on youtube or look at pinterest and learn how to do a fishtail braid or practice perfecting your winged liner so you are ready to rock it once school starts!
4. Hit the bookstore. I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite things to do in the summer is head to barnes n noble, snag an amazing seat, grab an iced white mocha and read for hours. Bonus: they have great air conditioning- you may even need a hoodie.
5. Play flashlight hide and seek. This is one of my favorites. Get a group of people together and play a big game of nighttime hide and seek. . I like to split up into teams so its not just one person seeking. The goal is to shine your flashlight on the hiders! Make sure to set hiding boundaries and charged cell phones!
6. Workout. This is a big one for me. Since starting college I gained the freshmen 15…..twice. It sucks feeling weighed down by extra weight, so I am going to really dedicate to exercising more and making it fun! (more to come on my fitness journey.)
7. Outdoor movie night. If you know anyone with a projector- you can have a super fun outdoor movie night. Make it extra special by setting up a popcorn bar, bringing tons of blankets and pillows, and tell everyone to bring their favorite candy.
8. Camping. Now I’ve never ACTUALLY been camping, but I am a professional backyard camper. You don’t have to go far to have a fun camping night at home. Set up a tent/ fort outside, tell scary stories and look out for bears!
9. Road Trip.
10. Get Pinspired. Try out those pins that you always say you will do but never actually get around to trying. Find a new favorite recipe, make some crafts for your room, and take lots of pictures!
Here are some ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/jordanrtodd/crafty-time/