Here is what I keep in my backpack on an average school day.
In the past, me and mornings did not mix. I’ve always been a morning person deep down, I just never actually woke up at a decent time. This year I really wanted to change that because I do feel amazing when I am up early. I love the quiet and calm of morning, I love having the time to make tea and spend a while making my breakfast, I love being able to take my time getting ready and feeling my best. Even though it is summer, school is going to be starting soon- so I thought I would share my morning routine for the school year. This schedule is based on when I started school at 9:30am, but on days I needed to be out the door earlier, I made tiny tweaks.
First, my morning routine started with what I do the night before. Every single night I would write out my daily schedule for the next day in full detail and I would write out my morning routine. Even though this seems redundant, it helped me to stay motivated and stick to my morning routine.
This schedule SAVED my semester and made me feel happier and more put together overall.
MY MORNING ROUTINE
6:15 – wake up ( I set alarms for 6 and 6:15 because I like to have a warning that it is almost time to wake up before I actually need to get out of bed)
6:20-6:45 – I take my morning shower. My nightly shower is always longer because I wash my hair and shave. The morning shower is just about helping me to wake up and feel alert. I grab my favorite body wash and a karaoke-worthy spotify playlist to start my morning right. After my shower, I wash my face with whatever face wash I currently use, then I apply my acne medication and moisturizer. After my face, I brush my teeth and floss. Then I apply my body lotion.
6:45- If I am drinking coffee that day, I will get it started now!
6:50-7:50- I do my hair and makeup now. The first thing I do is wrap my hair up in a turbie twist so that my hair will dry faster while I am putting on my makeup. I usually spend between 20-30 minutes doing my makeup, about 15 minutes on my hair and usually ten minutes getting dressed. If I need more time to get ready that day, I tweak the schedule a little but this is usually more than enough time!
7:50-8- It usually takes me about 10 minutes or less to make my breakfast. During the school week, I usually eat oatmeal or cereal with fruit and a cup of tea of coffee.
8-9 -This is my favorite part of the morning. I set out my breakfast, making sure the area is clean and looks nice so I feel like I can really relax and enjoy breakfast. I put on Netflix, usually in the morning I like to watch Disney movies like Lilo and Stitch or Tangled. While I eat and watch, I review my schedule for the day, make sure my bag is packed, browse pinterest and just enjoy this time I have to myself before the chaotic day begins.
9-9:10- I clear my dishes and brush my teeth again so I do not have coffee breath!
9:15- I leave for class!
This is a really simple routine, but it has helped so much in making me feel more relaxed and scheduled. I always feel prepared for the day and glad that I had some peaceful time before school.
Let me know what your morning routines look like, I am always wanting to add or change things to make my morning even better!
I’ve never been good at writing “about me” posts. In my myspace days, my about me section was usually a song lyric or quote simply because despite hours of deep thought ( who AM I?), I was never able to write an “about me” that I was satisfied with. But one thing I am good at is list making. So here are some facts about me-
1. My name is Jordan and I am 20 years old!
2. I am obsessed with anything Disney! Beyond obsessed. No, it is not just for kids.
3. My favorite color is pink!
4. I just finished my sophomore year of college– the most stressful but rewarding year of my life.
5. I am a liberal studies major and I plan to be a first grade teacher someday.
6. I love decorating! I have multiple pinterest boards https://www.pinterest.com/jordanrtodd/decorate/ dedicated to interior design- I just wish I had the wallet to match my taste!
7. I lived in Florida until I was 9 and then moved to California. Even though I have spent the majority of my life in California, I will always be a Florida girl at heart.
8. I am a vegetarian. But not one of the healthy ones. I’m one of the ones who lives off of macaroni and cheese, pizza, and French fries.
9. I love crafts! Now that summer is here, I am excited to try out some pinspired DIYS and share them here!
10. I have an amazing family– my mom was actually the one who gave me the push I needed to finally start blogging.
11. I have been with my boyfriend, Zach, for almost 4 years (on July 7th!)
12. I am inspired by Lauren Conrad, Reese Witherspoon, and Blair Waldorf.
13. I will be blogging about lots of things- beauty, fashion, things I have learned, Disney, crafting, favorites and reviews…
14. I’m an Aquarius who is a mediocre swimmer, but dreams of being a mermaid.
15. I believe in being kind to everyone.
16. My favorite animals are alligators, giraffes and flamingos.
17. I love to read!!!
18. I am 5’0, which is no fun when I have two VERY tall younger siblings.
19. I am obsessed with instagram and taking pictures! I really want to learn more about photography and eventually get a professional camera, but for now the lens of my iphone will have to do! https://instagram.com/jordan_rosemarie/
20. I am really excited to start this blog. I have always loved to write. I don’t know how many people will actually be reading this… but I really hope to meet some fellow bloggers! Please say hi if you want 🙂